Friday, January 23, 2009

Ask the Pastor Session 1

Sunday evening we begin our Winter Sessions of "Ask the Pastor." The questions have been submitted, sorted, some of them destroyed and two great questions remain.

1) Why does our church (and most churches in the West for that matter) feel free to basically ignore Paul's command to women in 1 Corinthians 11 to cover their heads on worship? I'm looking forward to the discussion I believe this question will generate. My desire is that our discussion will help us grasp the complexity of taking the Bible seriously.

2) How can we integrate the Pauline teaching of "Justification by Faith" with his equally clear emphasis on Judgment according to works? It is my feeling there is much confusion over what I believe to be a false dichotomy, "Faith vs. Works."

GREAT TIMES AHEAD!

1 comment:

Stacy Christian said...

I am so sad that I missed Sunday night, but we are all still struggling with illness here. C and I have discussed the head coverings for women a number of times. It would have been good to get your take on it. Any chance we can get the cliff notes?
S